Weightlifting is the ultimate sport. Consisting of the Snatch and Clean & Jerk, it requires strength, explosive power, technique, coordination, balance, flexibility, and above all, mental focus and discipline.
In the snatch, the weightlifter lifts the barbell from the floor to overhead in a single movement. In the clean & jerk, the weightlifter lifts the barbell first from the floor to the shoulders (the clean) and then from the shoulders to overhead (the jerk).
Due to the complexity of the movements, the best way to learn is with a qualified coach. With over 27 years of training experience, USAW National Coach Brian Lahr has studied under multiple Olympians and has had the privilege of training at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. After spending the last 17 years as a coach and personal trainer, Brian continues to pass along all of his lessons and experience on to others.
Is Weightlifting right for me? If you are an athlete who:
· Is looking to help improve explosiveness and power for his/her sport
· Is looking for a better baseline level of overall strength
· Would like better technique, efficiency and coordination with the snatch, clean & jerk and other related lifts
· Is a CrossFit athlete and would like to compliment his/her weekly metabolic conditioning workouts with strength training
· Is a competitive or recreational Olympic Style Weightlifter
Click Here to check out our membership options
Click Here to check out our schedule
Clean & Jerk
Videos courtesy of Hookgrip